Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wolves By Strangers

I found a post on Reddit that called for people to submit their drawings of wolves to an unidentified person that was collecting wolf pictures.  Upon reading this I was *super* excited and felt oddly compelled to send in my attempts at drawing a wolf.  I never thought I would hear back from them...



BELOW WERE MY SUBMISSIONS TO THIS IMPORTANT CAUSE:

 Rawrrrr! Hiss! [or whatever noise wolves make]


 Gazing at the moon/a balloon.


Razor sharp fur!


And to think - I graduated with a BFA from art school.

About 2 months after I submitted the original drawings masterpieces (The ORIGINALS! What was I thinking?!), I received a thick envelope in the mail, hand addressed to 'Of The Fountain.'  To say that this was one of the best/coolest things I've ever gotten in the mail would be a gross understatement.  The envelope contained a bunch of neat stuff:



Including:
-2 nice stickers
-typed noted that referenced attributes of my drawing (plus some additional hand written comments)
-2 flyers to be posted to help spread the word, with tear off info (already cut into strips!)
-leaflet describing the cause


 [click to open larger, readable image]



SUBMIT YOUR WOLF PICTURES TODAY! Here's the blog of the guy/gal behind it all.  Address to submit your drawings:

Wolves by Strangers
P.O. Box 17417
Chattanooga, TN 37415


2 comments:

  1. How interesting. What a fun packet to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks so much for including this bit of information about "WBS" on your site. I'm so pleased that you were happy with the package that I sent. In all honesty, this project is shaping up to be much more fun and interesting than I had anticipated, and I am very happy that others are finding a bit of joy in it as well. I am in hopes that I will be able to display your masterpieces on wolvesbystrangers.com very soon, and I will let you know when they are posted.

    Also, I really must say that I could take a few lessons from you in terms of creating an aesthetically pleasing site. I find your own here to be quite beautiful.

    In closing, if there is any way that I may further show my gratitude for your enthusiasm concerning my project, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...