Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, yellow, red, and/or green, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced on bias, tips 1 1/2 inches long
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 can butter beans, drained
- Salt and pepper
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, onion, garlic, peppers.
Saute peppers, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
- Add beans and heat them through, 1 or 2 minutes. Season dish with salt and pepper, to your taste, then stir in parsley. Transfer to dinner plates or bowls and serve.
We really enjoyed this dish. The hot dog (on a nearby plate) added just enough meat taste so I didn't get bored with just the succotash.