Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy Pride Month!


View of southern tip of Manhattan from Empire State Building. I partook in a few touristy expeditions this trip. 


With June being Pride Month, and with said month coming to an end, I thought I'd share a few fabulous photos from this year's NYC Pride Parade in New York City on June 25th.  It just so happens that my husband and I always end up visiting NYC this time of the year due to the OrigamiUSA Convention being held during the same weekend as the parade (Husband Guy loves all things origami).  While we weren't coming to New York solely for the purpose of celebrating Pride weekend, it was still a welcome coincidence that these two events occurred at the same time!





 Who's sitting in the back of the car, waving? Cyndi F*CKING Lauper, that's who!





 A gentlemen couple together for 55 years!






















To say a gay time was had by all would be a gross understatement.  I believe in my dotage my sense of sentimentality is increasing at an alarming rate.  Often I feel uncontrollably weepy at times when I really would rather not feel that way.  At this time last year I was all weepy at the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met.  This year I got all teary eyed when I saw the first group coming in the parade.  I mean, I wish my reaction to these types of things were more upbeat, like, Yay! Happiness! This is so great! ::SMILING::  But, No.  My reactions are more, I am so moved.  This makes my heart hurt.  ::HOLDING BACK TEARS::  I suppose there are worse problems to have than being overly sensitive, though.

Even though this was our 3rd visit to NYC during Pride weekend (for the origami convention), this is the first time I've watched the parade.  The first year we went, I had no idea it was Pride weekend.  The next year I didn't realize it until I saw all the peeps leaving the parade in their fanciful outfits.  So this year, I was so excited to learn all the details about the event months ahead of time and made sure I was there! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...