Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cleanin' The Work Space

I'd like to think I'm a pretty clean, organized individual.  I always clean up when company is coming (even if it's my parents) and insure that every crumb is off the floor. However, I've been so busy with Of The Fountain work, that I've kinda of just ignored my work area when it came time to clean the apartment.  It wouldn't be too bad if my stuff didn't cover the entire dining room table. But it is that bad, so eating meals is relegated to the coffee table or our respective computer desks.  Sometimes, though, you just need the space that a dining room table can provide.  Be it for a family meal, playing a board game, etc.

Since I'm caught up with orders and have the time to clean, I decided to clean off my "studio."  It took me hours. It was so messy. I am so gross. :(  But I got it done and now we have 1/2 of the dining room table free.  Hopefully I can maintain it...

BEFORE

  My work table after I removed all my tools and supplies.  (I am too embarrassed to show the table before I cleared it off.)


This is my main work area.  All the brown stuff is leather bits and leather dust.  On top of the towel I usually have a giant marble slab where I stamp the leather tags.

AFTER

 After dusting, vacuuming, and washing the towel, all is clean!


It would be great if this table stays clean for at least a month, though I'm not holding my breath.

6 comments:

  1. I love your dining room table!
    I guess it's a blessing in disguise to have a mess of a work space...if it was clean all the time than you wouldn't be as busy as you are! (That's why my work area stays so clean anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work table - I need one like that, I am feeling very short on space these days....aargh!

    http://sisterbatik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! I recently took everything out of my office, bought large new shelving units and put everything back in all organized! It's so nice, but I know it won't last long.

    Enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your table! I'm of the everything has a place mind as well, but things get out of control in my work room sometimes. It just means that you've been busy creating, which is NOT a bad thing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! My house doesn't really get cleaned unless someone is coming over. Fortunately, my studio is separate from the house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...