Thursday, June 23, 2011

Never Go On Trips With Anyone You Do Not Love



To celebrate our two year anniversary, (thanks, Geek2Geek!) my boyfriend and I took a little weekend trip to Brattleboro, Vermont.  It was quite a neat little town, *very* different from the metro Atlanta town I grew up in. Much more hippies...so many hippies (but in a good way).

We had a super lovely time.  We stayed at an historic hotel that also held a movie theatre and restaurant, so that was convenient.  The variety of activities we indulged in included wandering around the town, seeing a movie (Midnight in Paris=slightly stupid), and attending a burlesque show!


 To start the trip off in style, I wore these pretty earrings I recently acquired by Folklure.  I only have 4 pairs of carefully chosen earrings to my name, and I have to say that these are my favorite. :)



 Summer in Vermont!


 Walking through town we came across a building that had been partially gutted by a fire that occurred in April.  A slew of residences, a hotel, and almost 20 businesses were affected by the fire.  We found this sign at the restoration site amusing.


Upon checking in at our hotel, I spotted this flyer for a local burlesque show.  Please note that one of the performers was named The Evil Hate Monkey.  Oh, I totally had my boyfriend snatch this flyer up from the hotel lobby when we were leaving.


So we went. We watched.  It was AWESOME.  In addition to the gal performers, there were scantily clad guys as well. It probably helped that I had been drinking, but it was seriously amusing nonetheless.  Aww! My first burlesque show!


We did a lot of walking on this excursion.  I'm glad we did, as we were able to spot fun hidden gems in the alleys between the old buildings.


This little dumpster man was the cutest thing ever!


So, the trip to Brattleboro, VT was fun. 2 days was just enough time to go into every shop within walking distance, try the local eats, indulge in a movie and show, and play in the hotel room (it had a mini-fridge and a bath tub [we don't have a bath tub at home, so it was quite a treat!]).

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a roaring good time for sure. It's always nice to take a mini-vacay to spice up life a bit. Thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really great couple days away! I love little trips like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time. We love to get out and walk on trips too. You can see so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just StumbledUpon More Design Please and found you - your tags are gorgeous! And I'm jealous - I've never been to a burlesque show and I want to go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...