Sunday, March 11, 2012

Quote Whore

A few days ago I had to fill out a questionnaire provided by our wedding photographer.  It went over basic stuff: what kind of formal family shots did I want, what special details did I want to make sure got photographed, the time frame for the day's events, etc.  It was while filling this out that I admitted that I was a "quote whore."  I mean, I literally said that as part of an answer. 

You see, I kind of love quotes.  Quotes from books, movies, famous figures - I love them all.  There's nothing like finding a good quote that totally expresses how I feel without me having to come up with it my-inarticulate-self.  I hoard quotes like semi-sane person might stockpile nuclear fallout rations.  They are my lifeblood and I need them.

Needless to say, I am incorporating quotes every chance I get when it comes to our April wedding.  The invitations alone had three quotes!* (My vows - so far - feature 2 quotes from movies. I'm kind of a dork.)

*
You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. -Jane Austen
You pull me through time. -The Fountain (this quote is also engraved inside our wedding bands)
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. -Moulin Rouge


It is always followed by a small fit of happiness when I remember that I get to stamp amazing quotes on a regular basis.  :)  Below are a few recent favorites.  I think this first one just became my new favorite quote, beating out this quote for the number 1 spot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...