Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hoping The Ghosts Take Pity On Me

This past week my husband was out of town.  I was left all alone in the new house for 8 days.  I didn't really think this would be a problem.  I could get some alone time, I could work on orders, I could continue painting the walls in the house. I had stuff to occupy me.

What I didn't think of when agreeing to this arrangement (Husband Guy did check to make sure it was ok to abandon me for over a week), was how I'd feel about sleeping alone.  I can be a semi-paranoid person when I am left alone.  My nighttime imaginations can scare the crap out of me.  When I was little, I'd wake up from a nightmare and sit up in the bed.  I couldn't go back to sleep because I'd scare myself into seeing a line of shadowy ants walking above the baseboard, going around my room.  They were everywhere. [And no where.] My point is, that I can work myself into quite a fright.

Since Husband Guy is working out of town, I'm alone in the bed, with the cat joining me periodically throughout the night.  He likes to venture into the attic, so I leave the door open so he can roam up there as he pleases.  What bothers me most, is that when he is under the covers with me at 3 o'clock in the morning, I hear noises up in the attic.


A room in our super creepy attic.


I get that we now live in an old house, and old homes inherently have creaks. (RIGHT?!)  However, it still scurrs me.  When I am laying in bed, I can hear noises from all over the house, not just the attic. Eeek.

I hope that 1.) The noises are, at the worst, friendly ghosts (and NOT EFFING PEOPLE HIDING IN MY HOUSE THAT ARE WAITING UNTIL I GO TO SLEEP TO CREEP NEXT TO MY SLEEPING FACE AND KILL ME), and 2.) The ghosts think upon me in a kindly fashion. ie. They see that I want to make the house nice and that I appreciate it and I am all alone and I'm not snooty and I brush my teeth twice a day and I try to be a good person while I'm in the house, etc.  Surely, if I have such qualities the ghosts will have to be nice?

I wonder at what age I will be when I am able to not freak myself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...